The county museum of Oise is a museum located in the heart of Beauvais (Oise) at the foot of the cathedral in the old Episcopal Palace, a historical monument.
The museum is housed in buildings built in the twelfth century Gallo-Roman city walls. In 1305, a riot in the city sounds. When order is restored, the king of France condemns bourgeois Beauvais to indemnify Simon de Nesle, Lord Bishop. With this money, the latter built a fortified gateway flanked by two towers.
The museum features tapestries, graphic arts and paintings collections of archeology, furniture.
27/04/17 - 17/09/17