The Museum was created in 1937 by the former Department of Seine who purchased the area in 1923. The initial Fund of the Museum was established from the regional collections of the Carnavalet Museum.
The Museum evokes the rich past of the Paris region by presenting paintings, ceramics and furniture. Its purpose is to show the artistic and archaeological heritage and the history of the Paris region from the 17th century to the 19th century. Aurora Pavilion is part of the course of visiting the Museum of the departmental area of seals. Built at the beginning of the 1670s for Jean-Baptiste Colbert, then owner of the estate, its remarkable dome was painted by Charles Le Brun. It illustrates the theme of the dawn.
Events in progress
No event at the moment
Château de Sceaux - Allée d'Honneur - 92330 - Sceaux - France