0 votes
From
€4

Tour du Viala-du-Pas-de-Jaux

Viala-du-Pas-de-Jaux

About | Venue Details | Reviews

closing in 3hr
Overlooking the Larzac plateau, this tower is built in 1434 by order of Bertrand Arpajon, prior of Saint-Gilles and then sold to the Knights of the Order of St. John of Jerusalem. This powerful rectangular tower crowned with battlements used to store grain (barley, wheat, oats), currency exchange important in medieval times. In 1776, the building was sold and fell into disrepair. Since 1982 he has been the subject of major restoration campaigns.
Events in progress

No event at the moment